Massala Takeaway


I had the pleasure of trying out a brand new Indian takeaway called Massala on Mitchams Conner.

This place can be easily missed next to The Boat House and Jolly Waterman pubs, so make sure to keep a keen eye out if you are looking for it.

The service here was very quick and attentive. They take real pride in what they do. The staff was more than happy to discuss the ins and outs of everything they prepare. They had a good selection on the menu, with everything you could think of as well as all the classics we know and love. Even if things weren't on the menu they would be more than happy to prepare them on request.




I thought the garlic naan was particularly well done. Something which often gets overlooked by restaurants.


Garlic Naan


I requested my dish extra hot and that's exactly how I got it. This nearly blew my head off. It's just as well I ordered a nice mango lassi to accompany myself

If you are a hot head then these guys will show you a good time.

Extra hot!


The saag aloo was superb. It was absolutely swimming in the spinach, which is exactly how I like it. It really accompanied the curries well and adds an exciting colour to the meal.


Saag Aloo


I tried a bit of the chicken Jalreizi and it was exactly how it should be. I think anyone who is a fan of this curry shouldn't be disappointed.


Jalfrezi


The king prawn Khaki was something I was particularly excited about as I'm a huge fan of prawns. They certainly came across as large in the sauce but 1/3 of each prawn was a shell. They still tasted great, though it felt like perhaps more prawn could have been included in the dish. If anyone tries this then please let me know what they think.

The rice was all done well.
I thought the portions were decent and enough to fill up your plate. I had the onion rice enough was good enough to bulk out my meal. The Peshwari rice looked fantastic but I didn't get a chance to try it. I'll let you decide which one looked the best.

Some of the dishes were a little oily but being oil-based dishes I was not going to complain too much.

All in all, I enjoyed my meal with the team at Massala. The service was fast, the chaps are passionate, and the food was good. They really listen to you here and when you ask for something hot, boy do you get it!





This may not sound like a big deal but being a hothead myself I know how frustrating it can be going to a restaurant and constantly getting hot curries mild.
I wish them the very best in this very competitive market. With other fantastic places in the areas, it's going to be a tough fight but I look forward to seeing them take it on!


Make sure to check them out and let us know what you think!


Phone: 01223 354094
Address: 24A Chesterton Rd, Cambridge CB4 3AX

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montaz - Ely.

Cam Spice - Great Eversden

The Taj Tandoori