A Sawston First....At Kaz's



Had the pleasure of trying Kaz's in Sawston recently. I was expecting big things and they definitely delivered.

It was Good Friday evening and we had reserved a table for the 4 of us. We were seated right away, and the waiter rose to tradition by placing our napkins on our laps before handing out the menus.

The place is nicely laid out, and there were quite a few other customers coming and going whilst we ate. Kaz's only re-opened about 6 months ago and had been Redfort Gardens previously. I had never visited under the old management so can't really make a comparison, others have said it is now a lot better.

The decor was lovely!

 

We placed drinks orders, which were reasonably priced and ordered a couple of poppadums each.
They arrived really quickly and were fabulous, the best I've had. They provided onion salad, red coconut, lime pickle, yogurt and mango chutney. All the sides were perfectly done and of the right portion sizes between four of us.


Five sides is a rarity!


We were told when our mains were ready to be brought and we never felt rushed, in fact they suggested we finished the poppadum that we were intending to leave!

I tried a new dish for me, a vegetable Ceylon and vegetable rice. The portions were very generous, I had enough left to make another meal which I took away with me.

The heat level was spot on. The rice was lovely. The only thing I noticed was the chese naan we had was a little burnt underneath but the quality of everything else put this out of my mind.

After the main we were given complimentary drinks, tea/coffee/baileys/brandy. They couldn't do enough for us! The baileys was a nice finishing touch for me, as was the chocolate with the bill. And not forgetting the hot towels which are overlooked by many places at the moment.

I cannot wait to return to Kaz's! It has now jumped to my top spot of Indian's!


5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montaz - Ely.

Cam Spice - Great Eversden

Tandoori Palace - Histon Road.